Meeting of the Secretariat on 08/09/2015
On 8 September 2015, in Brussels, took place the first debate on Commission’s Draft-Decision “A new Commission Decision for Contract Staff” Ares(2015)2951784.
The staff participated in significant numbers, taking active part in the debate.
The objective of
the event was to present the trade unions’ analysis and amendments on the
document circulated in Inter-Service Consultation in July 2015
Amongst major issues discussed:
· Promoting clarity, transparency and readability of the Administration’s documents launched in consultation
inconsistency of the Draft-Decision as compared to Commissioner Georgieva’s
recent note on Talent Management
The lack of equity
between the conditions foreseen for CA 3bis and the conditions for CA 3ter
The need for
when it comes to career planning for CAs
The need to
prevent further “precarisation”
of the CAs, by appropriately amending the Art 2 (2) of the draft decision
· The need to timely exploit the current reserve lists : why are there new competitions while old reserve lists are not yet exhausted?
competitions vs. external competitions: why not use EPSO’s CBT results (passing
scores) in internal competitions?
· Inter-institutional mobility as a resource for career planning and Talent Management
· Academic record as a resource for mobility and Talent Management (Masters’ degree? PhD? Post-doc?)
· Annual performance evaluation - as a resource
The event was organised by the inter-syndical organisation Collectif des Contractuels, at the initiative of U4U.
Active in the discussions, representatives of several trade unions expressed their solidarity with U4U and reconfirmed their common line when it comes to the Contract Agents File, which will be heavily negotiated with the Administration, in the next period.
A second debate on the topic will be organised on 23 September. Similar debates are foreseen monthly.